Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SmallringFX DARKBlue is a slick, dark Firefox 3.6 theme

Filed under: Design, Mozilla, Browsers
Just because we're all agog over the new Firefox 4.0, that doesn't mean there's a lack of action on the 3.6 front. In fact, SmallringFX DARKBlue is a dark, sexy theme that was updated just yesterday.
Personally, I like my Firefox as "chromeless" as possible (see what I did there?). But seriously, I hide the menu bar, the bookmarks toolbar, and any other toolbars that I happen to have lurking around. However, if you like your toolbars, SmallringFX DARKBlue is a very nice, comprehensive theme. I tested it with the Delicious and Diigo toolbars, and the icons looked just fine on the dark background.
One slight problem is that some of the status bar icons look pretty bad. For instance, Video DownloadHelper looks awful on a dark background, but that's not the theme's fault. (Video DownloadHelper guys, are you listening?) Another small glitch is that, on my system, the context menus appear to be gray on gray -- so all of the entries seem as though they're disabled. I'm not sure if it's just me or a general issue (I think it may be Windows-related).
Read It Later's sidebar, on the other hand, looks wonderful with this theme. Another thing I like is how tall the status bar is; it's really nice and roomy. If you like dark themes, don't miss out on this one!SmallringFX DARKBlue is a slick, dark Firefox 3.6 theme originally appeared on Download Squad on Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Commentsblog twitter social

No comments:

Post a Comment